In the first instance please contact the Kairos Centre to discuss availability. We do not take provisional bookings or reservations and can only confirm bookings on receipt of the appropriate booking form along with any deposit (usually 25%) and additional documents that may be required. Group organisers are expected to complete and return the form Emergency plan details for person hiring or holding an event. The group organiser is expected to communicate the Health & Safety information on this form to their participants.
As of 2016 we have a policy of asking for a minimum of two night stays for individuals coming on retreat. For private retreats of three nights or less we ask for bed & breakfast payment in advance as a deposit.
Below you will find all of the documents needed to make a booking at the Kairos Centre as an individual on one of our retreats, on a private retreat or if you are booking on behalf of a group.
In making a booking with the Kairos Centre you are agreeing to comply with our Health & Safety requirements and our Terms and Conditions of service.
Booking forms will need to be completed and saved before returning by email.
Terms & Conditions for all Bookings
- Reservations are only secured on receipt of a completed Booking Form and appropriate deposit payment. All bookings must be made in writing on our Booking Forms.
- For group bookings a 25% deposit of the estimated charge and for preached retreats a £60 deposit is required. Deposits are non-refundable.
- For group bookings; number of guests, arrival time, room layout and equipment, preferred tea times, meal type and dietary requirements must be confirmed at least 48 hours before the event.
- Increases or decreases to number of guests or meals can be considered up to 48 hours before the event only.
- The Kairos Centre Management reserves the right to change room allocation at their discretion.
SETTLEMENT OF ACCOUNT
- Please ask at Reception for your invoice. Full payment of balance is due same day.
- For larger Organisations where settlement on the same day is not possible, invoiced accounts must be settled in full within 30 days of the end of the event.
- If you cancel your entire booking, your deposit will be retained and in addition, you may be charged cancellation fees as follows:
|You may be liable for the following charges:|
|Total cancellation less than 7 days to the date of your event||50% of the balance of your booking.|
|Part cancellation of booking within 48 hours of commencement||No cancellation charge for first two rooms cancelled. Any further cancellations result in a charge of 50% of room rate per room.|
Checking in and Out
- Residential guests check in from 15:00 (no check in after 19:00) and must vacate by 10:00 on day of departure and hand keys to staff at the Reception.
- The Hirer will be liable for any damage to the room, furniture or equipment caused by themselves or their delegates or anyone for whom they are responsible.
- The Kairos Centre accepts no responsibility or liability (other than as a direct result of its own negligence) for any injury, personal loss or damage to personal property belonging to Hirers or their delegates/attendees, or for their motor vehicles and contents.
- The Kairos Centre Management decision will be final over determining any questions arising in relation to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Kairos Centre is a non-smoking building and also mobile phone free in communal areas.
- The group organiser is expected to complete and return the form Emergency plan details for person hiring or holding an event. The group organiser is expected to communicate the information on this form to their participants.
- All guests are required to observe the Health & Safety and fire regulations, and evacuation instructions.